Friday, November 24, 2017

REVIEW: St. James's Hotel and Club – a 5 Star Boutique Hotel in London

I was at the good city of London recently, and I was privileged to be able to spend a night at the St. James's Hotel and Club ! A 5 star boutique hotel located in a quiet corner of Mayfair, this hotel was my best stay in London yet. I've heard about this hotel and I'm glad I finally got a chance to experience the grandeur and the luxurious beautifully furnished and comfortable hotel and bedroom experience!


About St. James's Hotel and Club 






St. James's Hotel and Club  is a 5 star boutique hotel, located at the heart of Mayfair. Its strategic and convenient location means it is just a couple of minutes walk away from must-visits places like the Buckingham Palace and St. James Place, and a short walk away to exclusive shopping streets like Jermyn Street, the Burlington Arcade, Bond Street, and even Regent Street. 


Moreover, it is a mere 4 minutes walk from the Green Park Underground station, located at Zone 1 of London City. Talk about convenience in and out of the hotel!


The beautifully furnished hotel feels grandeur already, the minute I stepped foot into its premises. Definitely a 5-star experience for me.



My Experience with St. James's Hotel and Club 

I was greeted warmly by the concierge staffs outside the doors of the hotel, the minute I was reaching the hotel. I reckon that the staff saw me from afar and took no hesitation to helped me with my bulky luggage and belongings. 

It was a small but important aspect, as I'm a firm believer in having a very good first impression, and St. James's Hotel and Club certainly did give a more than positive one. 


As I arrived slightly earlier than their usual check-in timing of after 3pm, I was told to leave my belongings with the concierge staff, as I directed to the hotel's lounge to have a rest before continuing the rest of the day. The lounge was beautiful and homely , to say the least.





One thing I really appreciate was that, my personal belongings were all kept in a room beside the lounge, with a lock that safely secures the security of my luggages and bags. Immediately I felt safe knowing my belongings are kept 100% safe too. A plus point here.

Room





Upon returning to check into my room, I had one of their Executive Room. It was a beautiful and comfortable room with all the amenities I needed at the tip of my fingers. 


The spacious Executive Room is fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology and a king size bed. The room also comes with Free Wifi through the entire hotel not just in the room, and with Bose or Sony iPod and iPhone docking stations, which was really good cos it helps to charge your phones and stuff like that. The mattresses are really comfortable as well, as I went ahead to research and discover that they were handmade by Hypnos and have the reputation of being the most comfortable mattresses in the world! Whoa, you bet I had a good night worth of sleep, for sure!


There are so many other details in the room. You may find more information in the link here.



The good folks from St James Hotel and Club also gave me a complimentary champagne and a plate of fruits. It was certainly a very fine gesture from them and I really appreciate those kind gestures. 

Seven Park Place by William Drabble

Right at the reception level (Level 2), sits a Michelin-starred Restaurant - Seven Park Place by William Drabble! Launched in September 2009, the restaurant was awarded one Michelin star only a year after it was opened, and four AA Rosettes.







William Drabble creates some of the finest dishes I've tasted in London, influenced by classic French Cuisine, and by using the best British ingredients.


I had the honour to try chef William's signature dishes, such as the poached native lobster tail with cauliflower purée and lobster butter sauce (as shown in the above pic). It was so good that I could have walked away a happy man, if not for it being only a starter! The mains were equally good, and I surely was a happy satisfied man that night.



With only 26 covers and nine tables, this place has that elegant and intimate feels. The restaurant uses rich colours and natural fabric in bright, jewel-inspired colours to produce a stunning and exquisite dining experience.

To avoid disappointment, I suggest you make advance reservations as this place gets filled up real quick.



Seven Park Place By William Drabble 
Opening hour - Lunch: Tues - Sat  12:00pm to 2:00pm (last seating at 1:45pm)                         Dinner: Tues - Sat  6:30pm to  10:00pm (last seating at 9:45pm

For reservation and more information, Kindly call +44 (0) 20 7316 1620 OR email restaurant@stjameshotelandclub.com 



Conclusion





St. James's Hotel and Club  is definitely a 5-star experience for me. I had one of my best night stay in London over there. With its superb location in central Mayfair, a few minutes walk way from Green Park Underground Station, this hotel is easy to spot and locate. 

Its elegant and comfortable clean rooms is also another plus point for sure. With in-room amenities such as minibars, Free Wifi, docking stations, and smartphones, and a 2hour dedicated concierge and room service, there is really few things left that anyone can complain. 

Perhaps the only additional area that would definitely add another plus point would be amenities such as gym or a pool. But with its ideal location and comfort that makes you feel like home the minute you step into the hotel, I can see why they made up these losses for excellent service and attitude.

Many thanks St. James's Hotel and Club for the night's stay! I will be back again when I visit London again in the near future!

St. James's Hotel and Club 
Address: 7-8 Park Place, St James's, London, SW1A, 1 LS UKPhone: +44 20 7316 1600



**This post was written in collaboration with St. James's Hotel and Club.

No comments: