Wednesday, December 6, 2017

REVIEW: SUDIO TRE EARPHONES

I have always wanted a wireless earphones since the beginning when these wireless earphones are out in the market. I've been using the conventional wired earphones for the longest time, and always wondered how much more convenient it would be if they were wireless. But the skeptical part of me always doubt the quality of these wireless earphones because I am familiar with how a quality earphone should sound like.

The good folks from SUDIO contacted me recently and I was treated to a set of Sudio's latest offering - The Tre Earphone, designed for people with active lifestyle!





About Sudio

Sudio might not be as synonymous with most of us in Singapore, but they are a Swedish earphones manufacturer that produces stunning looking and durable earphones. You may find more information on their products and offerings over here.

Sudio recently launched the TRE series which the good folks has sent them over to me! It is a Bluetooth 4.1 wireless earbud-style earphones designed for active lifestyle, and yet not compromising on comfort. Of cus, it is sweat and water resistant. 

These earphones come in 4 different colours: Tre Black, Tre white, Tre Pink, and the Tre Classic Blue, which was my selection of choice. 

What was in the Box

The Parcel arrived in a box not bigger than your usual parcels that you would get when ordering clothes or shoes online. My first impression was, do we really need such a big box for a wireless earphone? 




But once I opened the parcel up to see what was inside, I clearly understand now.

The box comes with the following:

  • The Sudio TRE Wireless Earphones
  • Wing tips of different sizing, so that you can find one that best fit your ear
  • A Charging Cable
  • A Leather Case to contain the earphones
  • An Owner's Manuel and a quality assurance card
  • A Metal Clip




Setting up the earphones

The way to set up these earphones are actually pretty easy. There's the Owner's Manuel that comes in many different languages, showing you how this can be done in a few simple steps.

Press and hold the middle button to turn them on. The guide says to hold for 3 secs, and it took slightly less than that. You'll then see a blue light to show that the earphones are on.

To pair the earphones up to your iPhone or your macbook or any other bluetooth-enabled device, simply hold the middle button down again for about 6 secs, and a red blinking light will start flashing. This would be a good sign to show that you have paired the earphones up successfully.

Using them: For exercise or for leisure?


With these wireless earphones that fits your ears perfectly, I can barely feel them when I put them on. The key for maximum comfort is to pick the right wingtip size. Feel free to try the different sizing on, so that you can find the one best fit your ears.

There's also a small Manuel to show you how the changing of wingtip can be done easily.

With the minimalistic design, Sudio's Tre Earphones did not disappoint in terms of comfort and sizing. 

I tested these earphones out both while exercising, and while at home just listening to music. I must say that with the water and sweat resistance feature, it does make exercising a more ideal choice for these earphones, without compromising on quality sound and music.

I must add on to say that the fact that these earphones fit my ears so perfectly, the idea of it falling off my ears to the ground was never an option. It was really a good choice for listening to music while working out.

The sound quality is definitely better than your average earphones. After running for awhile, I could still hear the music in clear definition, unlike some other earphones where the quality of the sound might get compromised, or muffled.

With this earphone, it feels like I could hear my music, in whatever activity I was doing next.

Image Credit to Sudio

Specs


The Sudio Tre Earphones has the following specs:
  • 15.2 mm dynamic speaker
  • 103 +/- 3dB SPL @ 1 kHz 178 mvm
  • Impedance: 32 Ohm +/- 15% @ 1 kHz
  • Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz


Cost 


The Sudio Tre Earphones are currently going at $139 on the Sudio Website. 

It is a good investment, if you ask me. Especially if you're someone who works out regularly and always wanted a good quality earphone. This is definitely the one you should try.

Conclusion


The Sudio Tre Earphones is an excellent pair of earphones, catered to the working out folks. With active lifestyle in mind, these earphones has a unique wingtip that fits right into your ears. You can worry one thing less with these earphones on as it hardly ever drops from my ears!

Overall, I really like how simple it is to use them, apart from its minimalistic style and design. I also really like the fact that it is water and sweat resistant, as sweat is definitely something synonymous with active lifestyle. 

Without compromising on sound quality, I must say that I found my favourite earphones now whenever I am working out now.

Christmas Promo

For this coming Christmas, I am pleased to announce that I have collaborated with Sudio to offer a 15% off discount for you guys!

Cart out now with the code "Larry15" for 15% off ALL items from the website listed below! I think this makes a really good Christmas gift. It'll be something useful, for sure.

Merry Christmas in advance, folks!

--

For more information about Sudio and their offerings, you may visit their following website and social media page:

Website: https://www.sudiosweden.com/sg/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sudio/


Thanks for sending these earphones over, the good folks Sudio Sweden! x

**This post was written in collaboration with Sudio Sweden.